Review by JT:
Just received my 2 dresses in the mail after 22 working days.
I also ordered a petticoat for the wedding dress, a jacket and a veil.
Note that in all the photos I haven't ironed the dresses yet (in fact the photos were taken pretty much straight after taking it out of the shipping bag)!
The all important wedding dress first.
Structurally it is good, seams are done well, everything sits right and symmetrical which is the most important part! I think it is about 85% of the pictures. The missing 15% are:
- not enough folds in the waist area which makes it look less drawn in (and hence the skinny looking waist of the model!)
- embroidery not as fine and dense on the bust (but I actually prefer less embroidery!)
- size about 1/2inch too big. BUT this is fine as you need to take the dress to get it fitted again about 1mth before your wedding anyway (cause all brides lose weight before the wedding yea!!). I don't think its possible to make a dress only off measurements and expect it to be perfect the first go.
The evening gown.
I ordered "pink" off their colour chart and it is abit too bright but not the end of the world. Structurally its not as flattering as the wedding dress but its probably due to design rather than workmanship of the dress. Compared to the pictures I would say its 80% there. The missing 20% is:
- not quite the neckline as the photo, i.e its more flat and not as "V" as the photos
- the folds on the bust aren't done too well, maybe an iron can fix it, not sure...
- the middle sash colour isnt matched well
- again size about 1/2 inch too big. BUT this is fine as per comment above
Structurally it is OK and probably 95% close to the pictures. 5% missing is the neckline is too small, when I wear the jacket it looks like I've almost got a standing collar. However, the size way too small - the jacket is 3 inches too small in the bust (I ordered 36" and in the pics you can see its 33") and the shoulder is missing 2" (I ordered 16" and in the pics you can see its 14"). In terms of styling, I did ask customer service whether the jacket should meet in the middle and they said it should and there is a clasp / button of some sort which should hook the jacket close. There is no clasp / button.
I emailed them and was told to take pics with measurements to show them. The jacket being off is not a huge drama but will be a good test of how good their after sales service is!
Also, the shape of the jacket is not tailored in a particularly flattering manner but then I ain't no model so not entirely a workmanship fault I guess.
The poorest outcome of them all. The result looks nothing like the picture and the is mainly due to the material used is too stiff and didn't drape like in the picture. Wouldn't recommend buying veils here go buy it in a shop.
Doesnt look like the picture at all. Its got a hoop on the bottom and tulle on the outside. But it serves its purpose to shape the dress so no major dramas.
- Pick a structurally simple dress, expect an 85% look-a-like and you shouldn't be disappointed.
- Don't leave it last minute and have a backup plan, my jacket is a good example of how wrong it can turn out.
- Buy your veils (and possibly jackets) elsewhere.
- If buying coloured gowns, prepare for it to not be the colour you see on the screen (obvious but true!)
Wish you all the best with your weddings!